Thursday, December 26, 2019

One box at a time

You know the joke about how you eat an elephant one bite at a time? Apparently, the same holds true for moving. I remember that last time we moved over the winter holiday... it was 1975 and we moved in one day.

30-odd years later and I have literally been moving since August. Boxes weekly to donation centers, bags to dumpsters, more boxes to storage units, and countless trips to our new abode with a carload as I go.

Today I worked both jobs, as I have been doing throughout this whole effort, yet thanks to my wonderful husband, plants were transplanted, forms were laid for a sidewalk and patio, a storage unit was emptied, and we march forward.

I am beginning to have hope that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train, after all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you see sunshine and do not hear the train whistle today. 🥰

    ReplyDelete