Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Try it, You'll Like It!

As we are squarely in the middle of moving and downsizing, I frequently find myself doubting my sanity. Especially today as I have been on my feet for more hours than I am normally for the total of an entire week. Yes, I know that makes me sound like a slug, but honestly, when one works at a desk all day, one does not spend a lot of time standing. Unless you have a standing desk, which I do not.

Thanks to the neighborhood idiots... I mean revelers... it was impossible to get to sleep last night until almost 1 a.m., but as soon as I hopped out of bed (granted, at 8 am) we were off and running. Many more boxes and pieces of furniture have left the building. I even had a table out front with "FREE!" signs all over everything in an attempt to avoid having to haul it all to Salvation Army on Friday. Alas, only one thing walked off, so that errand is still on the agenda.

We also discovered the fate of the rat who got into our laundry room several years ago and hid out under the freezer. Loads of things ended up in the dumpster, several boxes made their way to our new home, and many more will just have to languish in the storage unit until my next free Friday when I can dedicate a few hours to more tossing and purging.

For now, the push is on to empty the apartment, get some basic cleaning done, and set up the new home. Next comes the hard core purging, as if I have not done enough these past few months. (And judging by the fact that we have TWO storage units stuffed full, I think I know that answer to that.)

So, we are a few steps closer to our goal, many miles to go. Now, if I can stop beating myself up about not having kept up with the clutter over the past 15 years. The last time we moved, my witty husband remarked that we needed to move every 2 years in order to keep down the clutter. Turns out, he was probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment