Monday, December 23, 2019

Faulty Wiring

Sometimes I marvel at how differently everyone is wired. Some people find organization and being methodical are second nature.
Then there are people like me, the bumble bees of the world who flit from flower to flower when trying to get something done and never seem to accomplish one thing at a time. I read books the same way. I have 3-4 books going at any given time.

I try not to despair when looking at the list of what needs to be done in order to move, and I can't help that my brain is wired to randomly think of weird things to do at the oddest times. I promise I am not worrying about these things, but I also can't ignore them when they pop into my mind.

It is a bit disconcerting to look at the piles of things strewn about the house with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I need a handler.

Many lifetimes ago, we moved to Africa for a season. What we are dealing with now pales in comparison to trying to fit our lives into 5 55-gallon drums, a couple of Rubbermaid Action Packers and one storage unit. Something seems very wrong to me that we are trying to fit our lives into the 300 square feet of a 38' 5th wheel trailer... and yet somehow we find ourselves with not one, but THREE storage units. It kind of negates the whole idea of downsizing, to my way of thinking.

I try to convince myself that this is a temporary solution - that the 3 storage units will be pared down to one much smaller shipping container that will suffice as storage for off-season clothing, decoration, and recreation and less-frequently used household items. Does this still qualify as downsizing? Honestly, I am not beating myself up about this, and I am not trying to out-do anyone's expectations of minimalism or döstädning - I'm just trying to get a grip on things that seem to be out of control. (And yes, I also realize that I can't control everything!)

But seriously - a handler is what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment