Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Shana Tovah

Driving out to the observatory at the park to try to sight the sliver of a new moon was a bust - due to the lousy air quality, courtesy of practically our entire state being on fire. (Or maybe it just seems that way.)
See the big red blob in the northstate? Yep, that's us. This is today's map, and yesterday wasn't any better.
Needless to say, spotting a moon, sliver or not, was not going to happen. So we came home and I successfully blew my shofar anyway, just because I was not going to be denied.

No one pounded on my door, so either my neighbors are used to me, or else I didn't make enough noise for them to notice. 

If you are interested in reading the Yom Teruah scripture readings:
Genesis 21-22
Numbers 29:1-6
1 Samuel 1:1-2:10
Jeremiah 31:2-20
Matthew 24
Mark 13
Luke 21
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Hebrews 11:17-19
Revelation 8-9

(Phew! That should keep you out of trouble for awhile!)

The more sources I read, the more I think the theory that Yom Teruah is a rehearsal for Yeshua's second return makes more sense. Here is where I went today:
The Refiner's Fire
A Rood Awakening
One for Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment