Sunday, September 2, 2018

Elul 22 :: That was then. This is now.

Let me cut right to the chase and totally bypass any of my randomising:
Consider how many people you have hurt or wounded in your life. Consider how many times you have acted selfishly, or childishly, to someone else’s hurt. Consider how many times your words have been full of cutting, biting sarcasm and accusation. Are you really so much more righteous than the persons who wounded and offended you? Does it really matter what happened in the past and who or what caused your wounds and scars – or is it better to focus upon the future and your destiny?¹

I know that I, for one, spend way too much energy focusing on what happened in the past and how other people wounded or offended me. Me, me, me. Someone needs to go back and tell my 12-Year-Old Self, "Buck up, Buttercup! Life is not all about you!"
I'm not saying that YHVH doesn't love us and care about us - each one - individually.  You did not hear me say that. 

The point I am trying to make is, nothing that we remember or imagine we have suffered at the hands of any person can compare at all to what Jesus/Yeshua Himself endured at Calvary for our sins. I have to wonder if the wounds that we have experienced from the mouths and hands of others are just a sly way for the enemy to get us to take our focus off of our own sins and how those sins have been dealt with, once and for all.

Maybe?

Thank you, Christine Miller
¹ https://www.regionschristiancenter.org (Late Summer Journey, Day 22: Intentions and Results)

1 comment: