Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Day in the Life...

So, the day before Thanksgiving and my car is in the shop, I'm at work about to walk home where I will commence decorating for Hanukkah tonight, cleaning up the kitchen, and planning out my strategy for tomorrow's cooking.

DH made this swell window-safe Hanukkiah for me!
Thankfully, DD#2 is hosting this year's TG shindig, so I have been relegated to:
  • Brocolli/mac 'n' cheese-y goodness
  • Rice pilaf-y mushroom something
  • Some Dutch oven cobbler dessert (which will hopefully be cherry crisp, if I can get to the store.)
  • Lemon-Ginger kombucha for the Littles
I am also wallowing in thinking good thoughts about the rest of my Fam, who are scattered hither and yon on this holiday weekend. I have officially spent over 2/3 of my life apart from them - which does not prevent me from missing them and wishing we were closer. 
Thankfully, we were together this summer!
MY DH has been commissioned today with picking up our "race packets" for tomorrow's annual Run For Food which I wouldn't miss for the world... ok, maybe a little rain... but something that has turned into something of an iconic event for our little town.


He also has been sent to fetch yesterday's groceries from the trunk of my car (which is holed-up at the repair shop), and take the interior front door panels from said car to the body shop where they will hopefully be given a fresh lease on life and I will no longer have to cope with crumbling foam adhesive getting stuck to my clothes every time I get in and out of the car. (Yeah!)

Oh, I just started reading The Law and Grace by Todd Bennett. The mind blowing has now commenced.

So yeah, things going on. Life as usual. Carry on.

1 comment:

  1. Still....wish you were coming here. I'm selfish that way. :-/
    Have a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete