Tuesday, June 27, 2017

42913 :: Slip Sliding Away

Not that I needed a reminder. As if I could forget the day I became a mother.

That my daughter is now 40 years old comes as somewhat of a surprise. I do know how to count, it's just that I have somehow missed accounting for about 35 of those years. (I was told upon entering Motherhood that I should not blink, as I would be surprised by how quickly it passed by. Those were some true words.)

So, in 40 short years we have gone from my precious Honey...


  ...to this lovely young woman...


to this accomplished, amazing, strong, spirited, beautiful mother of her own two lovelies...



I think I now understand how my Dad felt when I told him I was applying for Medicare. It's hard to fathom where the time has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment