Tuesday, February 4, 2014

035:: Ready, Steady, Go

I thought it would be fun to plug "60's Oldies" into Pandora today at the office. We basically rocked out all morning. It also provoked some pretty amusing stories and reminiscences. Isn't it amazing how certain songs can evoke vivid memories even 50 years later?

Sadly, even though my mind was singing along, the reality is that if I sing, I would hear my grandmother. Wow, when did that happen? I think that is a case of "use it or lose it" in real life.

On another note, 33 years ago is also vivid in my mind as I think back on a cold night in February - waking up the DH at 2 a.m. to ask if there was gas in the truck. 

After DD1 was born, I never could understand why people felt compelled to ask if we were going to "try for a boy"... like we got it wrong the first time? So I was pretty pleased that morning to welcome DD2 into our little fam. Not so pleased with the 7 hours of back labor, but I guess that is the price you pay.

So, after a little fortification with tacos made from Sunday's left over brisket, we took a little trek down the road about 30 minutes to wish the birthday girl our best.

Here's to my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment